Monday, May 23, 2016

One new and one familiar way to spend A LOT OF TIME

When you go into a neglected closet and find craft materials, you never know what will happen next.
I found my embroidery floss stash, completed one project and sketched out another.

And I yielded to my wish to invest in wool for rug hooking. Made the 50 mile trip to Kennebunk and the highly recommended Wool Camp. Wow, they had beautiful fabrics for hooking, wool appliqué and specialty threads and buttons for embellishment.

Below is an ambitious design with pine trees, a sunset, a moon and shadows.  I've hooked about a quarter of it. It is to be a gift, so I can't say too much!


And lest you think I'm not painting any more, I entered the  Westford (MA) Regional Art Show. What won awards and what sold to visitors helps me know that this particular show is  primarily more traditional conservative than I am when it comes to painting: perhaps less so when it is photography.


 The little village above is what I get when I paint "out of my head" and feel a little whimsical.  Houses on the move.
 And then I also keep trying to capture the glory of a cranberry bog.  Diabolical challenge!  Come October, I'll be taking more reference photographs and trying again.

No comments: