Friday, October 19, 2012

So if I sell a painting in my previous state, can I say I am nationally known?!

Ewe and Me
What a pleasant surprise!  One the day before my daughter and I are going to the Rhinebeck (NY) Sheep and Wool Festival, I get a (forwarded) check in the mail indicating that it sold!  Whoo Hoo!!!
It was painted as a contribution to Alley's House, a program with the mission of "empowering teen mothers and their children to achieve independence through support services, education and mentoring.  (They) accomplish this by providing comprehensive case management services, tutoring and life skill workshops."

If you are interested in original art at bargain prices, their next fundraising auction is Februray 2, 2013. (One piece, done by a local charitable "celebrity" went for $1000.00 plus.  The rest of us were happy to get a commission on a fraction of that. 

No comments: