Friday, May 04, 2012

Trio at McGowan Fine Art, Concord, NH

We were really grateful for the GPS, because I don't know if we'd have found this little side street otherwise (or navigated the 6 way intersection at the end of the freeway off ramp.

 
This is the front of the show announcement.
There are lots of other wonderful artists, too.  Even though I was only familiar with one of the names on the website listing. 
 

 
By the end of the reception, the gallery dog was really tired.
There were terrific kinetic and non-kinetic wire sculptures by the artist Bruce Campbell.
 



 I even found some encaustic works!  And discovered than Joan Mattera had a show there about 5 years back.  McGowan seems to be known fairly widely (or I just have a LOT to learn!)




 Ms. Mink's husband said that Concord is actually an ART center, rather than a "craft" center like so  many of the other cities, towns and hamlets in New England.  I like both, but this is definitely a class operation!

No comments: