Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Barns and Farms and Barns and Farms. And Rivers.


How can you not love a barn? They represent planning, agriculture, nourishment, and honest work. they have such simple and yet varied shapes. they may or may not come with equipment, animals or recognizable crops.
In Western New York between buffalo and Albany (and just on Highway I90, there were SO many. Most of my photographs were taken while the car was moving... but they will make great paintings eventually!

I'm not sure if the Mohawk River and the Erie Canal are the SAME bit of water at some places. I think this was BOTH.


I admire the barns and outbuildings their ability to use an old, antiquated shutter, AND talk engineering with the minimal flight crew and airport staff.The rest of the pix are here

No comments: