Monday, November 17, 2008

Interesting Day
Crises and Opportunities
I had thought this might be "too busy" a day, but it wasn't.

Since I worked past the wee hours with my newsletter (see below!), I slept in a bit late and then met the wonderful Ninotchka for coffee and chat mid-way between her place and mine to catch up. She is so ebuilient and such a devoted mom. A real pleasure to spend time with.

She ran off to be an editor in her daughter's school classroom, so I actually got to TheBonnyStudio a wee bit early.

I intensified the background preparation for my planned orchid painting. This may look boring, but I blended 4 colors together and think I managed to do so without any sharp edges remaining. Next session I'll have the task of painting in a shelf and a sketch for vase, orchid stems, shadows and (oddly) an egg.



o/c 12 x 12
I also declared the "red" abstract finis. ( I titled it Red Chili Scramble) I may do a series of hue-based abstracts. There's a pinkish one in progress.


Then it was off to physical therapy. CUTE PT guy took the place of the gal I expected (she had a cold after a trans-pacific airline flight). He worked me pretty well, but I feel better and have some good exercises to do that don't require equipment.


Then off to see clients. Sessions seemed to go well, though it's time that tells.
Sadly, I had a phone message from a long term client who had a "bad" mammogram. Her physician apparently sat on the referral for quite a time, which angered me no end. Client lacks the support she deserves (and probably needs). I hope that she can get in for a secondary consult, biopsy and whatever else is needed quickly. We really MUST do something about health care in this country.


And then it was home to Hubby who is having neck pain and his own computer virus. I hope I am being as solicitous and caring to him as he always is to me... but I'm worried. Our PCP sent him for an MRI, gave him a Rx for his suddenly high blood pressure, and for pain. Nothing is numbing the pain.
I did make him laugh a few times (when The Daily Show ran commercials), and the cat is keeping him company.

Tomorrow is a light day business wise, and will primarily consist of PRE-TRAVEL errands.

Going to see the grownup kiddos Wednesday! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Safe travel and keep us posted on hubby's pain issues. Hope all is well.

roro said...

What Holly said! Hope the trip is wonderful and that DH's pain improves/disappears/is from playing too much tetris.

Anonymous said...

Happy & safe travels. Thanks so much for meeting up with me. It's always so great to see you. We'll do it again soon. Promise!