Friday, May 04, 2007


Now I understand.

I thought I just had "a cough," or maybe "a cold." But nope. Went to my wonderful MD today who said it was full blown bronchitis. No wonder I felt tired. It wasn't just post-wedding let down. Or mourning for the pear tree. It was lungs full of crud. And she apparently guesses it is bacterial crud, because she game me antibiotics,
The poster to the right was on a Finnish website that I found when I searched the drug name. I hope that my pacterium don't really look like any of these. Talk about creepy!
Antibiotics would be useless if if was "just" viral. The MD said she'd seen a lot of cases. Which is reassuring, because some of the on-line info about the little pink pills she's prescribed is pretty scary.

Any way, I now have two MORE prescriptions for two MORE drugs I had barely heard of. They are working very well. The nebulizer vials do help with ease of breathing (inhaling AND exhaling... turns out that exhaling is hardest for me to do well.) I hope I don't have side-effects from the Bayer-made pills.
It has definitely taken my mind off the bone pain from chemo!
(You may call me Pollyanna)

The stuff in the little vials makes me hyperventilate and feel a little dizzy. Not too bad, though.

I might even start knitting again.
Or cleaning! Oops, that might mean I was sick.
Thanks big Pharma!

And who knew they had 3D molecules on the web? You can see the antibiotic one (among others) HERE.


And there is a long, somewhat alarming Wikipedia article about antibiotics in general HERE. Science has come a long way from penicillin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack! GET WELL SOON. xxoo

Tony LaRocca said...

Wouldn't it be cool if germs really looked like that?