Sunday, August 19, 2012

How are you going to keep them down on the farm?

 By having a BEAUTIFUL farm.  Their website says they are a farmstand and nursery... but it was all that and lots more to this city-raised girl.Rolling hills in the back with corn, leafy vegetables, a horse and some goats.  About a dozen transparent covered green houses with herbs and mums and who knows what all, and a huge flower garden "behind the house."

I hope you enjoy the photographs as much as I enjoyed taking them.



And their tomatoes, cucumbers, basil and green beans were terrific.  I always thought that people who claimed home grown was better were exaggerating.  Guess not.

 


 
 


 

 
 





The goats were VERY curious... and seemed disappointed that I didn't produce anything edible out of my purse or pockets.








 
 Notice that the goat in back is scratching his ear with his hind leg.  I've only seen that with cats... and even then, only if they are sitting down.

This goat was one of the friendliest, but then the shyest.  Probably had "issues." I was having my own "issues" today.  One of those disappointing Sundays.  I felt kinda lonely.  Homesick for my friends in the Lone Star State.  At least writing and editing photographs helps some.
 

1 comment:

Tony LaRocca said...

That all looks beautiful - I can't imagine the upkeep on something like that!