Friday, June 22, 2007

MADE SPEECHLESS.
Boy, did I get great surprise this evening.
DH had asked me earlier in the week if we could go to Black Eyed Pea and then Border's for a Friday night date. Of course I said yes... because, actually, we do that almost every weekend at least once.So we go at geezer hour (5 pm) and I'm talking about the phone message DD left yesterday... how much traveling she's going to be doing this month, and how I could call her this weekend because it was her only weekend "free" and at home.
AND THEN SHE WALKED INTO BLACK-EYED PEA.
LIVE AND IN PERSON IN ALL HER WONDERFULNESS.
I was speechless for at least 15 minutes. (DH kidded me a lot.)Turns out DD has presentations to give nearby on Monday and Tuesday and came in early for the weekend.

Sam Moon and MORE yarn stores are on tap. We did the Border's thing... so I'll have even more titles to tell you about in the near future.

I am so grateful I did what it took to be a good enough mother that my children like me.
Woo hoo!!!!

2 comments:

FemiKnitMafia said...

Ow, that's so sweet! Here's hoping that Little Man likes me too. [fingers tightly crossed]

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful I did what it took to be a good enough mother that my children like me.

That brought tears to my eyes. I should be so lucky someday!

:::hugs::::