- 7 Days away from home
- 203 Photographs taken
- 24 Items packed but not worn
- 3 Prescriptions filled remotely (Pain is not good on a vacation, nor is sudden withdrawal from anti-depressants. Thank you, Dr. Stokoe, and Thank You CVS)
- 2 Books packed
- 6 Book store visits: 1 to Vroman's in Pasadena, 1 to Borders in Westlake, 3 to Borders in El Segundo, 1 to Barnes and Noble in Long Beach
- 11 Books purchased (will itemize list later)
- 2 Magazines purchased: Knitters and Psychologies (the UK equivalent of Psychology Today)
- 3 Maps purchased: Local, Vicinity and a Thomas Street Guide
- 4 Books Read cover to cover
- 2 Yarn shops visited (more later)
- 79 Amount in dollars spent at Yarn shop #1: no yarn, but 2 of the books and replacement accessories from lost pouch. (Maybe NOW it will turn up.)
- 5 WIP's packed
- 2 WIP's worked on
- 0 WIP's finished
- 36 Number of ends woven on Log Cabin Project
- 1 Shopping indulgence at Dick Blick's in Santa Monica (Traveler's Watercolor Set, Niji "fountain brushes" and Strathmore Sketchbooks.
- 7 Watercolor sketches I did. In public. Well mostly. I did the pen and ink for all in public, and the watercolor for two. The rest I colored back in the hotel. (With the valuable and any price 100 watt bulbs we used instead of the Westin's dingy 40 watt ones.)
2 Museums: Queen Mary and The Skirball Community Center
- 3 Tourist attractions that were disappointing: Queen Mary, Ports O'Call and Santa Monica Pier Carousel.
- 5 Kinds of flowers that are blooming at home now, that weren't when we left.
I'm glad it was the longest day of the year! I took these at about 8:30 pm. but I'm so proud of the Salvia and the lilies. (There's a tired orange Gladiola in there... it was blooming last week.
Hardy Hibiscus!! There are gazillions of buds ready to pop.