Friday, June 01, 2007

The day is nearly over, and I only just found out that it was Blogging for LGBT families day. If you click on the button to the left you will find many posts in many places about family and families' pride.
And I'm not sure I "qualify" as a member of a lgbt family. But I think so.
For one thing, my DDD (Dear Darling Daughter) is out to me and is currently head over heels with a sparkly woman who I would be more than happy to welcome as a DDD-I-L.
For a second, the only way (besides a severe personality disorder) that I could explain my mother's behavior and attitudes was to consider that she was an unhappily closeted lesbian. That was in the 40's and 50's. She cared for my father as best she could, but it seems that she stifled her passions in many, many ways-- mostly by drinking. She died before we could talk about it.
So I'm on the record being in favor of families. Families may be biological in origin, legal, self-selected, and in this day of divorces, blended.
Let's all blog about the value of Loving Generous Blended Truthful families.

2 comments:

wenders said...

AMEN, and thank you.

FemiKnitMafia said...

You rock!!! DDD must be very proud to call you Mom.