Thursday, August 30, 2018

Sheepish return from suspended animation


To those few folks who occasionally stumble on this blog, THANK YOU!
and, I'm back.... at least for now.

For the past year, I've been wrestling with a bit of anhedonia. I wouldn't say I've actually been depressed, but just not finding much fun in living. Therapist visits help. Anti-depressants help. Seeing the darling grandchildren helps. Seeing the amazing children and in-laws helps. 

And, most recently, reading through and doing some of the behaviors in Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project seems to help, too.  She's actually a dedicated, working writer (whereas I'm a retired librarian, clinical social worker and retired, to boot).  

But the benefits she accrued from writing her blog seem valuable and likely to combat the anhedonia.  So for now, I'll be sharing my reflections on new, old and previously forgotten tips and anything else that seems important that moment.  

Be warned, I'm an opinionated progressive, crafter (you name it and I've probably tried it OR considered it), and trying to help myself and anyone I run into be at least a little bit happier.


I did get up enough energy this summer to make a needle-felted sheep (The crazy Rastafarian looking one in the header) and do some embroidery. Remembering those activities brings good memories to me... and maybe a laugh to you.

No comments: