Sunday, January 16, 2011

I am so frustrated!

I've been doing an Illustration Friday illo... and my computer locked up, or barfed or something when I tried to save it after if was all done. NO GO.

I suppose if I hadn't been doing it digitally, something different could have befallen the image after a similar time investment. The cat could have walked on it while it was wet, or I could have tipped paint on it. But for something mechanical that is supposed to be "fail safe/protected" I am very disappointed right now. And it is so much easier to get mad at a machine than mad at myself.

Save Often.

Don't take myself tooooo seriously.

In the meantime, I've read and enjoyed two books in the last couple of days:


The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova

Apparently the format/narrative is simmilar to Kostova's first book, The Historian, which I've not (yet) read. This one has to do with an artist, his obsession with an historical artist, his life, loves and psychiatrist who gets sucked into the worlds of art, love and personal myth.


The Sentry by Robert Crais

Crais is writing about Joe Pike this time rather than Elvis cole. It isn't very "deep," but I basically read it in one sitting. The guy can tell a story. Takes place in Los Angeles.

No comments: