Friday, December 03, 2010


What's the word for bequeathed when nobody died?
Originally uploaded by Sultry

I mailed my grown daughter our "family" nativity set. Given the earliest memories I have of it, it's at least 50 years old! Egad! And in its original package, no less. (Never had barbies, but my Madame Alexander dolls did NOT fare as well!)
I tried to replace it with the same one, but either Lillian Vernon lost her license, or they aren't making little German-looking wood carvings in Taiwan any more.
I bought a baby/child one for my son, DIL and grandbaby. Do you think it's okay "to chew on baby Jesus"?

3 comments:

wenders said...

And I love it. LOVE it. Our house feels much more Christmas-y now. I'll post pictures very soon!

Holly said...

What a lovely little set and in the original box? Well done you. Btw, I think the word for giving nostalgic gifts to grown children before you die is "wise".

Kay Aker said...

I have this one except it has a wooden box that serves as a stable.