Monday, April 19, 2010

A corner turned..




So it is way way way past my bed time. And I AM sleepy. But this has (finally) been a weekend I enjoyed. There are plenty of reasons, but the main one is that I stuck to some promises to myself.

Now, I've known that's a good thing for 20 years! And for longer than that I've struggled with some of the same promises. Sometimes I try to make changes to please friends, family (living OR dead) and sometimes to please "society." But I can't believe how good it feels to do it for the sake of my own personal integrity.

Try it.

Oh, and I got a bunch of criteria listed into my www.Pantora.com station that makes me travel in time and space to a place where the night is forever young and I am in constant flow. I would never forego the Beatles or even some classic Doors tunes, but who knew that when it comes to Jazz, I should have been listening to post-swing combos from the 40's to the present? And WHY don't they play this stuff on the radio? More later on the specifics... but in the meantime, thank you Oscar Peterson, McCoy Tyner, Lester Young, Art Tatum... and so many more.

No comments: