Sunday, January 17, 2010

IF: Wilderness
Originally uploaded by Sultry

Initially, I had a sort of John-Muir-in-the-Woods kind of vision about this challenge topid. And as I thought about drawing all those huge, moist, complicated trees, I found myself in an emotional wilderness: overwhelmed some, lost some, small. I recalled some photographs of more desolate, deserted places that reflected that reality.
This is the image I made.

To see the image even larger, click on it to go to Flickr, then click on all sizes, then on large... :-)

8 comments:

Indigene said...

The colors are breathtaking!

k.h.whitaker said...

wow, beautiful colors

Flying Colors said...

Stunning! And the energy swirling here is fabulous - I can feel mother nature :-) so soothing :-)

Sally Taylor said...

Beautiful use of color!

Rui Sousa said...

Fantastic work, excellent interpretation of the theme of the week!
Would be happy to invite you to visit my site www.ruisousaartworks.com.

If you have time you can also see my idea on the theme of the week
www.ruisousaartworks.blogspot.com

Thank you and greetings

Rui Sousa

Valerie Lorimer said...

lovely colors!

Dayle's Painted Diary-Dayle Dodwell said...

Love the sky. Beautiful colours.

Kay Cox said...

I love this...great color. Feels like a New Mexico sunset.