Wednesday, January 27, 2010



I agree with Andrew Sullivan:

This was the president I supported and still support and will support because he alone is calling us away from the cynicism, the ideology, the rhetorical poison, and the red-blue divide that keep us from the reform we desperately need.


And I'm in complete agreement with his emphasis on the need for TRUST.

...we have to recognize that we face more than a deficit of
dollars right now. We face a deficit of trust - deep and corrosive doubts about how Washington works that have been growing for years. To close that credibility gap we must take action on both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue to end the outsized influence of lobbyists; to do our work openly; and to give our people the
government they deserve.
That's what I came to Washington to do. That's why - for the first time in history - my Administration posts our White House visitors online. And that's why we've excluded lobbyists from policy-making jobs or seats on federal boards and commissions.

Yes, we can.

Individually, we can encourage conversation without choosing sides. We can listen longer and interrupt less. We look for facts and determine our own opinions.

3 comments:

Merilyn said...

We hope that Obama continues on as President , even it seems some may want to remove him already. He is seen as a symbol of hope and trust, not only in the US, but here as well in Australia and I'm sure in many parts of the world. Keep up your support and keep him in office.

Susan Giannantonio said...

I don't know how he remained so cool and eloquent when such partisan politics kept him from accomplishing the great things he wanted to accomplish this year. They played dirty and he so calmly smiles and says "we can do this." Wow. Inspiring.

wenders said...

what worries me is that the answer to this is so easy... "it's not the president *I* voted for". I'm really starting to think our "winner takes all system" is so fundementally flawed. :(