Saturday, June 02, 2007

Yard and Garden Inspiration
We stopped at Calloways. I don't know that they are nation wide, but they are like a department store for suburban gardeners. They don't have all the specialty items, but they almost always have something that will work, are service oriented, and do nice displays.
I'm looking for what to put in my new "sun" garden.
Zinnias?












Tropical Hibiscus? At first glance this was "just" yellow. But when I looked more closely it had the most amazing Scaparelli pink center.


Yard Art?
Cute or kitsch?








And I might get visitors, too. This guy's coloring seems moth-like. But after checking, I'm thinking it's probably a butterfly. I'll even go out on a limb and guess that it is a "common buckeye" more formally known as Junonia coenia. I didn't know there was a third "kind" of critter called a "skipper." Sort of like a butterfly, sort of like a moth. I really appreciate that it stayed still long enough for amateur camera-woman me to capture it in pixels.

No comments: