Monday, April 09, 2007

Before the rain.
Texas skies really ARE amazing. The colors, shapes and changes are brash and raw like longhorns and bull riders. The ground is mostly so flat that you can see what's coming (or what's been) for miles and miles.

If you don't live where cold and warm fronts crash into each other, just have a look at what you are missing.














I took these with my trusty Olympus digital on the HE setting. Click on any to enlarge.
I hope to paint them. Imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery. I hope mother Nature isn't a stickler for copyright laws.

2 comments:

Tony LaRocca said...

I grew up in NJ. When I did boot camp in Missouri (Fort Leonard Wood) I saw the most beautiful skies I'd ever seen in my life. And so flat! (The ground- not the skies)

wenders said...

I adore the Texas skies. I miss them, too.