Sunday, April 09, 2006

A Quote About Happiness
and a few thoughts on
The Big Squish

A friend who knows how much I love quotes (and happiness) sent me this this evening:
If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat,
writing a symphony,
educating his son,
growing double dahlias in his garden.
He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button
that has rolled under the radiator.
- W. Beran Wolfe





The Big Squish
Today was my 1-year anniversary mammogram. The anniversary of the one that confirmed "Thelma's" malignant tumor. Believe it or not, I still have surgery lumps and scar tissue, but I didn't feel any new suspicious lumpiness...
NOR DID THE RADIOLOGIST SEE ANYTHING! Whoopee!
Of course I didn't know I was even the least bit stressed out until I had discarded the ridiculous purple capelet into the soiled-linens receptacle, paid my co-pay and started the car. Then I burst into tears! Of relief. I am so glad my husband was by his phone, so I could sniffle and touch base with him. Then I repeated the performance with my daughter. I am SO fortunate to have people who love me even when I am sniffling. Darling son, if you are reading this, don't feel left out. I just didn't want to talk to you about boobs today.

Get your mammograms, 'oscopies, and other tests done. It's bad enough when you catch something early. I can only imagine if you don't "catch it" until later.

Be well.

6 comments:

wenders said...

Aw, we love you, Ma. :)

What about a happy woman? Is she knitting?

Anonymous said...

Hugs and more congratulatory hugs! I hope you celebrated a successful squish.

LOVE the quote.

Tony LaRocca said...

Congratulations- I'm so happy everything's going well

andreananda said...

You are too funny (he big squish!) I need to start getting my squishes as I am 35. Congratulations on your good news!!!!

andrea said...

I had my annual boob-squish the day after you. It's always a relief to me, too, even though the worst thing I've faced is needle biopsies and a couple of weeks of 'what if'. Keep spreading the owrd! (And I love your SPEED illustration! :)

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Great news! And funny comic, isn't that the truth! I am happy for you!!